|We wanted to let you know about some of the things that have happened through Big Local SW11 lately…
David Stone joined Big Local SW11 as our support worker in 2015.
David has been able to do research to give us information to base our decision on. He has:
- updated our Area Profile which showed significant changes from the 2011 Census regarding inward migration and the rise in rented properties in the patch;
- produced a Community Directory showing who is doing what and where, in the area;
- produced a Business Directory which has enabled us to gain a better understanding of the local economy and develop potential engagement with local businesses ;
Building Futures is the enterprise area of Big Local SW11. We have a costed three year plan to tackle barriers that prevent people from reaching their potential, particularly with respect to Training, Volunteering and Employment.
As part of this we have:
- run a skills, training & jobs fair which attracted 12 service providers and 77 local people;
- introduced a ‘pilot’ Advisory Service which supported 15 people, of which 4 gained employment!
- delivered the first of a planned series of ‘Battersea Together’ events, which attracted 44 people from 35 local organisations, which identified areas of potential cooperation and/or partnership working;
Delivered the WoW Intergeneration project which saw 6 events and engagement with 30 older people
Managed a Small Grants Scheme which saw £6,000 awarded to 9 organisations in our patch;
(A youth climbing project funded by BLSW11 and organised by St Peter’s Church)
We developed a partnership with the London Fire Service, Christchurch School, LB Wandsworth and the Residents Associations for the Kambala and Falcon estates, to oversee, manage and fund the highly successful Falcon Road Heritage Festival…..